Light is a voluntary group providing peer support across Sheffield for families affected by mental illness associated with pregnancy and childbirth, in particular post natal depression / anxiety. Light was founded by two Sheffield mums with a history of post natal depression, and an NHS volunteer who wanted to improve awareness and support for local families affected by these illnesses. Many of Light’s volunteers are parents who have recovered from perinatal mental illness.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- Group facilitating and playworker roles for our weekly peer support groups
- One-to-one ‘buddy’ for a mum or dad who needs support
- Email/ phone/ forum support to families experiencing perinatal mental illness
- Committee membership
- Fundraising, publicity & raising awareness
- Office administration support
If you’d like to get involved with what we do, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0114 438 8962 – we look forward to hearing from you.